Headlines News :

NR ROAST ( NollyWood Award 2011)

Written By Chisom A. on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 | 9:00 PM

Welcome to the first Anuual Nollwood Movie Awards hosted by Nollywood Rave. The winners were picked by me based on the information i collected and what I feel they deserved. Lets Begin:

Movie Covers of the Year:
                                                      The Worst: Doggy Style by ????

The Best: Two Brides and a Baby by Blessing Effiom Egbe


Actor of the Year:
**** Ramsey Nouah in "Memories for my Heart" & "Timeless Passion".
 Nominees:
Yul Edochie
Jim Iyke
Mike Ezuruonye
Kalu Ikeagwu
Ramsey Nouah


Actress of the Year:
**** Uche Jombo for "Damage".
Nominees:
Rita Dominic
Ini Edo
Omotola Ekeinde
Uche Jombo
Stella Damasus

Best Supporting Actress:
**** Ruth Kadiri for " Heart of a Fighter" 
Nominees:
Queen Nwokoye
Cha Cha Eke
Uchenna Nnanna
Susan Peters
Ruth Kadiri

Movie of the year:
**** Memories of my Heart by Emem Isong and Ini Edo
Nominees:
Damage
Memories of my Heart
Kiss and Tell
Heart of a Fighter/ Royal Fight

Kiss of the Year:
**** Ramsey Nouah and Mercy Johnson in "Heart of a Fighter/ Royal Fight."


Most Versatile  Actress of the Year:
**** Ini Edo for "I'll Take my Chances" and "Memories of my Heart".
Nominees:
Monalisa Chinda
Genevieve Nnaji
Uche Jombo
Tonto Dikeh
Ini Edo

Worst Actor of the Year:
**** Artus Frank for Everything ( I have never made it past a scene with Artus Frank not to talk more of a whole movie. He takes the crown, Hands down)
Nominees:
Van Vicker
Artus Frank
Nonso Diobi
Muna Obiekwe

Worst Actress of the Year:
**** JJ Bunny for 'This is Houston", "The Other Side of Love", and "Uncaged/ Caged."
Nominees:
Biola Ije
JJ Bunny
Nadia Buari
Juliet Ibrahim

Coming Out Star of the Year:
**** Nichole Ndigwe for "Damage"
Nominees:
Nichole Ndigwe
Alexx Ekubo
Vanessa Nzebiegwu
Bryan Okwara

Worst movie of the Year: 
****Blind Bullet by Maxwell Aniekwe Leonard 
Nominees:
Blind Bullet
The Other Side of Love
Facebook Lovers
Midnight Confession/ Weeping Night
Men in Love

Most Fashionable Actress of the Year:
**** Tonto Dikeh for all the Damage Premieres outfits.
Nominees:
Tonto Dikeh
Beverly Naya
Ini Edo
Genevieve Nnaji

Most Swagged out Actor of the Year:
**** Alexx Ekubo for always looking like a fine, classy gentleman.
Nominees:
Ramsey Nouah
Majid Michel
Alex Ekubo
Bryan Okwara

Director of the Year:
**** Moses Inwang for "Damage" and "Private Enemy".
Nominees:
Kunle Afolayan
Desmond Elliot
Emem Isong
Moses Inwang
Teco Benson

Producer of the Year: 
****RAA productions by Emem Isong for "Memories of my Heart", "Timeless Passion", "Kiss and Tell", and "I'll Take My Chances".
Nominees:
Blessing Effiom Egbe
Kunle Afolayan
Turning Point Productions

Story-line of the Year:
****Two Brides and a Baby by Blessing Effiom Egbe
Nominees:
The Figurine
Sinking Sands
I'll Take my Chances
Damage
Two Brides and a Baby

Ghanaian Actor of the Year: 
**** Majid Michel for "Two Heart/ Trouble Heart"
Nominees:
Majid Michel
John Dumelo
Prince David Osei
Ajatey Annong
Ecow Smith Asante

Ghanaian Actress of the Year: 
****Yvonne Okoro for "Why Marry" and "Single Six"
Nominees:
Yvonne Okoro
Jackie Appiah
Yvonne Nelson

Most Inspiring Movie of the Year:
**** "Damage" by Uche Jombo for promoting against violence in the household and the permanent impact it can have on us.
Nominees:
Damage
Anchor Baby
Ije
Sinking Sands

Best Nollywood Couple of the year:
**** Kalu Ikeagwu and Uche Jombo in "Candle Night"

Nominees:
Majid Michel and Yvonne Okoro
Ini Edo and Ramsey Nouah
Uche Jombo and Kalu Ikeagwu
Ramsey Nouah and Mercy Johnson


Personality Award (Male):
**** Kalu Ikeagwu for being down to earth and one of the funniest and amazing celebrity i have ever met. He is cool calm and collected. He does not fake his accent, and his acting is spectacular.

Personality Award (Female):
****Uche Jombo: Who knew that she could rap igbo? Uche is just simply amazing and talented. At the premiere of her movie, Damage, she was very nice and patient. I have a lot of respect for her.

Most Controversial: 
**** Jim Iyke! (  I really believed it would be Tonto Dikeh but Jim takes the gold. He has been in headlines ranging from fraud to money laundering to theft and the list goes on and on.)

Thief of the Year:
****Frank Rajah Arase for stealing almost every movie he produced, ranging from Bollywood to Nollywood. This category was created mainly for him and i congratulate him for inspiring this category. He takes first, second, and third place.

Female Artist of the Year:
****Omawumi for "I go go" and "If you Ask me"
Nominees:
Eva
Muna
Ty Bello
Waje
Omawumi

Male Artist of the Year:
****PSquare for their Invasion Album. It included world wide hits like "Forever" , "Ole Buruku", "She's hot", "Chop my Money", "Shake it down low" and so much more.
Nominees:
Mo-Hits
Flavour Nabania
Banky W
Darey
Duncan Mighty
Naeto C.

Song of the Year:
**** This was one of the hardest choices i had to make all year,but i finally came to a conclusion. First here were my top Six: 
6. So Inspired by Waje ft. Muna
5. Obianuju by Duncan Mighty
4. If you ask me by omawumi
3. Oyi by Flavour Nabania
2. Chop my Money by Psquare ft. Mr MayD
1. Forever by Psquare
................................. And the Winner is........................
Forever by Psquare

Person of the Year:
**** Nollywood Rave's Person of the year would have to be Desmond Elliot! He has great skill, tremedous talent, and an amazing personality to seal the package. We thank him very much for all his many years of acting and his now new found skill, directing. i hope to see him more because he directed most of the "Must Watch" movies this year in Nollywood. I wish him luck and Ultimate success with everything he does.

.....And Finally, NR ROAST comes to an end. I had an amazing year getting all the gist in Nollywood and getting to know some of the stars. It was a woderful Journey and i would not change how it happened. Again i thank everyone that helped me and i hope more people will join me as Nollywood Rave takes another stride into the New Year.

So what did you think of the winners? Agree or disagree? Leave a comment below...let's chat!


















                        


Share this article :

6 comments:

  1. I am so Proud of Uche Jombo cos the babe has set a big time train in this Nollywood industry that will live on even after she is gone. IM SO SO PROUD OF YOU and GOD BLESS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i totally agree with this except for the best Poster. I kinda don't think that poster is the best but that's my own opinion though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Omawumi being the Best Female Artite. Great choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on this list, particularly with Frank Artus (I refuse to watch any movie where he plays the lead) and my favorite of them all: Frank Arase ... That one had me laughing so hard because you're not the only one I have heard complain of this particular "offense" from him. I also loved "Heart of a Fighter" and wasn't surprised to see it here. Both Ramsey and Mercy were properly cast for their roles there.

    Happy New Year again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Person of the Year, second line "we thanks him." Grammatical error there, please fix it.

    I agree with everything except for the part about Desmond Elliot and his great skill. His acting is subpar and his directing is nothing to write home about. I like the guy and I would hope he, and Tonto Dike and Uche Jombo, would go and get some more acting lessons. He can couple it with some directing lessons because he gets good scripts and he has good plans but it just does not get through.

    Uche Jombo is a fabulous actress and she is good, and as a director, I love her. I simply want her to keep improving herself so that she remains a cutting edge in the industry.

    Tonto Dike is one of my favorite actresses, not necessarily one of the best. I love her personality, her fire and that she has versatility. The lady has range and I love watching her. But, her acting could use some acting and speech lessons because the girl is going to be big, bigger than she already is.

    I am in love with Ruth Kadiri and she is also a screenwriter, the lady is really good and I hope to see more from her.

    Kalu Ikeagwu is phenomenal. I love seeing him, I just do. I have nothing to say other than keep improving and learning.

    Omawumi's voice is something out of this world and I agree with you on that. But, I am surprised not to see MI on this list. But then again, you may not be a rap fan. I do not really listen to pop, so P-Square does not do it for me, their banging bodies though is another matter.

    Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @tunmi Thanks for letting me know.
    You said that you think Desmond and uche and tonto should go get some more acting lessons yet you talk about how great they are. im a little confused there.

    Yes, i totally agree with you on Tonto, Ruth, and Kalu.

    Desmond elliot has been in the industry for a long time now and has basically had every experience needed as an actor or director. He might not be a spectacular director, but he does a better job than most of our actual directors.

    MI is great, i actually love his music, but mainly only when he co signs. I based Male Artist on talent but mostly how much they accomplished in 2011 and how much people enjoyed the music.

    ReplyDelete

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. NollywoodRave.com - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template