Headlines News :
Home » , , » Interview: Emeka Amakeze on Life and Nollywood (Part 1)

Interview: Emeka Amakeze on Life and Nollywood (Part 1)

Written By Chisom A. on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 | 9:37 PM



I recently sat down with Mr. Emeka Amakeze to talk about his life, his love for acting, and the future for him in Nollywood.He was calm and collected and very honest about every question i asked him. I thank him for conducting this interview with me, and i wish him luck with his career. 

NollywoodRave: First, let me just congratulate you on all the awards you have won this year, I know for a fact that you truly deserve them. So, Emeka, if I may call you that, or do you prefer Mr. Emeka?
Emeka: Thank you very much! Whatever recognition or award I get as a result of what I do is by the grace of God! Of course you can call me Emeka. Everybody does!


NollywoodRave: Well, I just want you to know that I have been watching you for quite a while now and I must commend you on your acting skills.
Emeka: *Smiles* Thank you very much! Na God o!

NollywoodRave: So, tell me a little more about yourself. Where are you from? Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Emeka: Those questions don’t seem like they demand a little about me o! *Laughs* Well, I am from Nimo, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State. Let me add Nigeria too! I am from a pretty large family. First of three boys and six extremely beautiful girls! No be small thing!

NollywoodRave: So, Emeka, how did your passion for acting begin? Which one of our legends motivated you to pursue your dreams as an actor?
Emeka: The truth is that I never knew I would end up an actor! If a prophet had told me I would be one, I would have advised him to forget about prophesying and find his destiny! I had always wanted to be a diplomat but ended up having a stint with an Insurance company. My colleagues would always tell me I looked every inch a movie star and I would tell them to find another candidate since they wanted someone that would be a disgrace on the screen. I didn’t give much thought to that until I ran into an old friend, Chris Maduka – the then head of Minaj Systems Television and it took all his persuasive skills to get me to register with Actors Guild of Nigeria in Enugu. I’ve always been a good learner and I started learning and thus began my Nollywood journey!

NollywoodRave: I definitely look forward to seeing you on my screen, especially in the romance movies. So which of your beautiful colleagues do you enjoy working with most?
Emeka: You don dey find something abi? Anyway, each actress is a different experience and because I know that what each of them does on set is an interpretation of an ascribed role, I simply do my duty to complement her and we create that impression on the viewers that we are perfect together. I enjoy the different challenges each person poses and so I really don’t have that particular person I enjoy working with most.

NollywoodRave: I know you’ve heard the rumours between you and fellow Nollywood actress, Nuella Njubigbo. It is being said that you both are now a couple and have been for a while now. So, lets clear it up once and for all unless you have something else you would like to tell us?
Emeka: *Long Laughter* I talk am before say you dey find something for my mouth! I go tell you wetin I know now abi? Like you said, it’s all rumours! Nuella is a good friend of mine and a colleague and that’s all there is to us. As for being a couple; still rumours my dear! I have a wife, the mother of my four kids and we’re the best couple in the world!


NollywoodRave: Wow! No one knew that you were married… And have kids. That’s amazing man, congrats. Do your kids ever talk to you about acting?
Emeka: That’s me dear! Three of my kids were in Death Valley and I can say they will be better actors than me.

NollywoodRave: You are one hot bobo now! So I know you get a lot of attention from your female fans. How do you deal with all the attention?
Emeka: Hmmmmmmmmm! You’re right I get a lot of attention from my female fans. They do that because I’m a celebrity and I am a celebrity because they celebrate me. The least I owe them is to respectfully acknowledge their attention and thank them for their support.

NollywoodRave: Now we have gotten to know you a little better. Let us get into the real deal, Nollywood! You have featured in a lot of movies and acted with a lot of people but name one actor or actress you would love to work with again!
Emeka: A lot of my colleagues have really impressed me and I have been able to learn one or two things from each and every one of them in the course of working together. And so, I can’t readily say there is that one person I am so looking forward to working with again.

**** click HERE to read the Part 2
Share this article :

0 Raving:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. NollywoodRave.com - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template