Headlines News :

Audience Review: Weekend Getaway

Written By Unknown on Monday, June 10, 2013 | 4:23 PM

Rating:

©2013

Synopsis: The movie is a glamorous and witty movie about five couples with relationship issues who spend the weekend in the plush exotic Le Meridien Ibom Golf Course & Resorts. The movie exposes the drama, dysfunction, intrigues and love inherent in their lives.

Directed By: Desmond Elliot
Written By: Kehinde Joseph, Uduak Oguamanam and Bola Aduwo.
Genre: Suspense, Romance, Comedy, Drama
Language: English

Trailer:
Cast:

Ramsey Nouah                                           Genevieve Nnaji  Monalisa Chinda                                     Uti Nwachukwu
 Alexx Ekubo                                               Bryan Okwara
 Beverly Naya                                                Ime "Bishop" Umoh


Uru Eke                                                    Bobby Obodo


 A spectacular cast comes together to put a not so spectacular performance. From the  day I saw the trailer- an RAA production starring Genevieve and Ramsey- (how long have we nollywoodanians been waiting for this combo?)  my whole spirit was ecstatic and was rooting for the movie, but the movie fell beyond expectations. How can a movie with such a cast go so wrong?  I'm still of many that believes that  that believes Genevieve can do no wrong in any movie so I will lay the blame at Desmond's feet. Emem Isong is taking a massive chance with Desmond and he's letting her down big time. The movie is Okay, but with a cast like that, you naturally expect more. I feel Emem Isong should have went with a more exposed or acclaimed director in order to bring this movie to its full potential.

Breaking it down:
Genevieve Nnaji:
 From an international star back to a local one, her part was nothing spectacular. Her role kept me confused to the very end. She had Zero chemistry with Uti and it was very transparent. At this stage of her career, she should only accept challenging roles not waka pass. 3/5 stars

Monalisa Chinda:
I'm not a fan but she did well with the role, Her portrayal of the sugar mummy was quite well but as usual less action and more tal mixed in with overacting but yet surprisingly enjoyable. 3.5/5 stars

Uti Nwachukwu: 
one word:-dramati. It seems like he does all the acting in his head before actually acting, zero chemistry with genevieve and I am guessing that he was either a cop or a detective,. (Yes, I was that confused!). He really needs to step up 2/5 stars

Alexx Ekubo: 
Suprisingly, I enjoyed him in the movie, played his role well and reminded the audience to laugh. 3.5/5

Ime Bishop umoh:
He was best actor in the movie by a stretch and considering the fact that he's a waka pass, that kind of summarizes the movie. He made me laugh and added some energy to an otherwise drab affair 4/5 stars

Bobby Obodo, Uru Eke, beverly naya, ini Edo, bryan okwara did all that was asked of them, nothing spectacular. 

Audio: 5/5 Visual: 4/5 Casting: hmmmm, I've said it all

Drama: I was expecting a very tight cohesive story with different characters that would eventually connect, but it was a fluid drab story. The movie failed to climax and it is definitely not one of those movies where you applaud at the end. But, if u love pretty faces and clothes, you would surely not mind.

Memorable Quotes:
With the amount of money I'm paying u, when I ask u to jump, u should be asking me how high.
Would i Recommend it?
 I would. Even though it falls short, it is great for eye candy. As long as you go in with little expectations, you'll come out happy.

Share this article :

2 comments:

  1. Ok I get ur point but in my opinion its the writers to be blamed.. I believe the script is the problem.. I also believe it was the crop of actors that saved it... Imagine Tontoh Dikeh playing Gennys Role and some others taking on different roles. It would have been a disaster!! I think Desmond as a Director takes on quirky scripts.. I believe the movie had no real beggining and the end was just bland.. Emem should take on more Creative scripts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do a review on flower Girl and the Contract

    ReplyDelete

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. NollywoodRave.com - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template